Thursday 21 March 2013

Jerry's Records

It's been a very long while since I posted my first post and I think I owe an apology to the people who read this blog once before.

This time I am writing about a documentary about hoarders that I watched the other day. In the documentary, it showed a guy that collects vynils and he was considered a hoarder. First of all, this is kind of hoarding I want to have mainly because I love music. I don't think collecting records should be considered hoarding. It's an unusual type collection because there is a lot of records in the world. I think collecting records is the same as collecting books. There is a lot of titles out there and collecting them is a hobby. Books and records can be very entertaining, they can make you happy, they can make you sad and even instigate you. And, most of all, if you have more than one copy of the same book, you can sell or donate one of the books and keep the one that is more valuable. The same principle is valid to records.

What I just imagined is that Jerry needs a very big place to store his records. Or, as said in the documentary, he has three places where he stores his records. I don't know if I heard right but I think he owns about 2 million records. It's a very big number but when it comes to how many artists there are in the world, I think it's not far from the truth. So far, I don't have near 1% of that number. I guess I have 0.01% of that. I hope I can come to that number someday. I can safely say that he is my idol.

No comments:

Post a Comment